|Opening hours do not change during the Christmas and New Year holidays.|
Contact for checking current capacity: +420 739 500 500
- How long do I have to wait for my RT-PCR test result?
The RT-PCR test results are shared with the tested person in standard mode within 24 hours via an SMS message sent to a mobile phone number with the client's international country code or via e-mail. GHC Genetics, which performs testing at the airport, is responsible for the processing of the results. There is also an express testing service available, under which the results are communicated to the passenger within two hours of sampling.
- In what form will I receive the result?
Via an SMS message sent to a mobile phone number with the client's international country code using a secure link in compliance with the Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If the client has also purchased an international test-taking certificate of infectivity, this document will be delivered to their e-mail address.
- Is it possible to take COVID-19 antigen tests at the airport?
Yes, it is. Under this option, clients receive the test result directly on site at testing points within about 15 minutes alongside a secured laboratory report sent via an email. The price of the test includes an international test-taking certificate.
- Where are the testing points at Václav Havel Airport Prague located?
To facilitate testing directly at the airport, Prague Airport has currently set up two commercial testing points. One testing point is located in the public area of the airport in the connecting corridor between Terminals 1 and 2. Another testing point, located in the restricted zone of both terminals in front of the border control, can be made available in case of increased demand based on current air traffic.
- What are the airport testing points opening hours?
Testing at the point located in the connecting corridor between terminal buildings is available to passengers at Václav Havel Airport Prague daily from 4.00 a.m. to midnight. Hours of operation can be adjusted based on changes to travel conditions and current air traffic.
- How much does it cost to take the test at the airport?
The price charged by GHC Genetics for the standard RT-PCR COVID-19 test (STANDARD PCR TEST) is EUR60 (CZK1,550). In addition, TRAVEL PCR TESTs are available at EUR80 (CZK2,000), the price of which includes an international test-taking certificate required for travelling abroad according to the rules and regulations of individual countries. The price for express performance of the test (EXPRESS PCR TEST) with delivery of results within two hours is EUR280 (CZK7,500). The surcharge for confirmation of the test results by a doctor, including an international certificate if requested by the passenger, is EUR20 (CZK550). The price of Antigen TRAVEL TEST is EUR32 (CZK800). The current price list of GHC Genetics tests can be downloaded HERE.
- Can I pay by card at the airport testing point?
All testing points accept both payment cards and cash. The price can be paid in CZK or euros.
- What is the difference between an express test and the Fast Track test offered by GHC Genetics?
Clients can also request an express test using a special technology; RT-PCR test results are known within two hours. This is an alternative to a standard text that is available when a passenger needs to know their result as soon as possible.
Fast Track (priority pass) – this enables you to receive priority service if there is a line at the testing point; the result will be provided within a standard time limit of 24 hours.
- Is it possible to book the time of the test in advance?
The taking of swab samples at testing points is performed on a queue basis. Due to high demand, it is not possible to book the test time in advance. Prior taking the test, it is necessary to complete an online request form. We recommend passengers who decide to undergo the test at the airport to fill in the form available on the provider’s website www.covid-ghc.com in advance to help facilitate the on-site testing process. The form, also available using a mobile telephone, is best completed online even on the spot using a QR code.
- Do I have to report my RT-PCR test result to the relevant Public Health Office?
No, the result of your COVID-19 RT-PCR test does not have to be reported to a public health office. Your COVID-19 test result will be provided to a public health office directly by GHC Genetics. In case of a positive test result, the test subject must follow the currently applicable regulations available at the website of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.
- Are young children required to have a test?
In order to comply with conditions when crossing state borders of a country that specifically requires an examination and a COVID-19 RT-PCR test, all persons must be tested regardless of their age.
- Is it possible to make a reservation for the test in advance?
The actual samples at the testing points are taken on the first come, first served basis; reservations are not possible due to high demand.
- I have a request form for a COVID-19 test that I received from my GP. Can I go to the airport for the test?
No, testing at the airport is intended primarily for passengers with valid air ticket, boarding pass or reservation. The service may also be used by private payers from the general public if testing capacity allows. The service is not intended for indicated patients who were referred to be tested by their GP.
- How is the sample collected?
Samples are collected with a disposable swab that is inserted into the nose. Viruses multiply in the cells of the upper airway passage mucosa; therefore, it is necessary to take a sample of the mucosa for the test to be as accurate as possible.
- Do I need an international confirmation for my return to the Czech Republic or is the test result sufficient?
The test result is sufficient.
- When and how will I receive an international confirmation of a COVID-19 RT-PCR test? Do I have to pay extra for this confirmation?
The international clearance certificate issued by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic is subject to a surcharge of CZK 550. The certificate will be sent to you by e-mail to the address that you provided when filling in the test form.
- In what language will the confirmation of the COVID-19 RT-PCR test be issued?
The international test confirmation is issued in three languages: Czech, English and Russian.
- Which documents do I have to submit before the test?
You only need an ID (identity card, passport).
- Which contact details will you need from me?
Basic identification details such as name, address, nationality, telephone number, etc. are required.
Source: GHC Genetics
Testing at Václav Havel Airport Prague is primarily designated for passengers who have a valid air ticket or are planning a trip abroad. Other private payers will be tested subject to available capacity at the testing point. The testing point is not intended for indicated patients who were referred to the test by their GP. We would like to ask all people who have been directed or recommended to take the test by their GP to refrain from travelling to the airport and use other testing points, primarily those in health care facilities.
You will learn your PCR test result within a standard time limit of 24 hours via a text message sent to a telephone number with a country code or by e-mail. Test result processing is provided by GHC Genetics.
For the purpose of testing, Prague Airport has set up a commercial testing site where passengers can get tested for COVID-19 and obtain the required certificate upon their return to the Czech Republic or before their departure. Testing at the airport is carried out by the medical staff of GHC Genetics, an accredited laboratory for performing analysis of RT/PCR samples. The central testing site can be found in the public area of the airport in the corridor between Terminals 1 and 2 and is primarily designated for passengers departing for destinations where a negative test is required and for arriving passengers. In case of high demand, other testing sites may be opened depending on current air traffic. They are located in the non-public area before passport control in Terminal 1, a new testing site has been opened in Terminal 2 as well. The service is primarily meant to reduce the spread of infection and facilitate safe travelling.
Testing at Václav Havel Airport Prague is available to the passengers and general public every day from 4 AM to midnight at the central testing site located in the connecting corridor between the terminals; both testing sites located in non-public areas are open depending on current air traffic. Passengers may receive a PCR test with samples collected from the nasopharynx or saliva or an antigen test. Collected samples are analysed in a specialised laboratory located outside the airport and the results are usually available within 24 hours via a text message sent to a telephone number with a country code or by an email. GHC Genetics is responsible for the time of processing.
It is generally recommended that the passengers who are required to prove a negative COVID-19 test result upon the check-in or the arrival at their destination allow sufficient time for the test and the delivery of results with respect to their departure from Prague.
The samples at the testing sites are taken on a first come, first served basis; reservations are not possible due to high demand. By clicking on the following link, you can check the current status of the testing site and plan your visit accordingly.
Those interested in getting tested must fill in a form with a request prior to the test itself; it is recommended to fill in the form at the provider’s website www.covid-ghc.com to speed up the process. Available from mobile devices as well, the form can be filled in online or at the testing site using a QR code.
Current Test Prices:
- BASIC PCR TEST ( CZK 850 / EUR 35) – the client receives the test result within the statutory period of 48 hours in an SMS that contains all data stipulated by law. With this type of test, it is not possible to purchase international proof of a negative result. In the case of tests performed at Václav Havel Airport Prague, the laboratory is also able to deliver the results within 24 hours, thus meeting the specific needs of airport clients. The laboratory takes into account the limited time flexibility of passengers whose test results are linked to a fixed departure time.
- STANDARD PCR TEST (CZK 1,750 / EUR 80) – the client receives the test result in an SMS within 24 hours alongside a protected laboratory report sent via email.
- TRAVEL PCR TEST (CZK 2,000 / EUR 80) – the client receives the test result within 24 hours in an SMS alongside a protected laboratory report sent via email. An international proof of a negative result required for departure according to individual countries’ conditions is included in the price.
- EXPRESS PCR TEST (CZK 7,500 / EUR 280) – an expedited service of delivering test results within 2 hours. The test is performed directly at testing points. Clients receive the test result in an SMS alongside a protected laboratory report sent via email. An international proof of a negative result required for departure according to individual countries’ conditions is included in the price.
Testing sites do not perform tests based on an electronic request issued by a doctor or health stations.
- Antigen TRAVEL TEST (CZK 800 / EUR 32) – the client receives the test result directly at the testing site within approx. 15 minutes alongside a protected laboratory report sent via email. An international proof of a negative result required for departure according to individual countries’ conditions is included in the price.
The current price list of GHC Genetics tests can be downloaded HERE
Passengers who undergo an antigen test as part of the ongoing free testing of Czech residents can purchase an international proof of negative test, which is required for departure according to individual countries’ conditions; the price of the proof is CZK 250 / EUR 10.
Payment is possible at all testing sites, both by a payment card and in cash. The price can be paid in Czech crowns or euros.