- How long do I have to wait for my RT-PCR test result?
The RT-PCR test results are shared with the tested person in standard mode within 24 hours via an SMS message sent to a mobile phone number with the client's international country code or via e-mail. GHC Genetics, which performs testing at the airport, is responsible for the processing of the results. There is also an express testing service available, under which the results are communicated to the passenger within two hours of sampling.
- In what form will I receive the result?
Via an SMS message sent to a mobile phone number with the client's international country code using a secure link in compliance with the Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If the client has also purchased an international test-taking certificate of infectivity, this document will be delivered to their e-mail address.
- Is it possible to take COVID-19 antigen tests at the airport?
Yes, it is. Under this option, clients receive the test result directly on site at testing points within about 15 minutes alongside a secured laboratory report sent via an email. The price of the test includes an international test-taking certificate.
- Where are the testing points at Václav Havel Airport Prague located?
To facilitate testing directly at the airport, Prague Airport has currently set up commercial testing points. A central testing point is located in the public area of the airport in the connecting corridor between Terminals 1 and 2. Other testing points, located in the restricted zone of both terminals in front of the border control, can be made available in case of increased demand based on current air traffic.
- What are the airport testing points opening hours?
Testing at the point located in the connecting corridor between terminal buildings is available to passengers at Václav Havel Airport Prague daily from 6.00 a.m. to 10 p.m. Hours of operation can be adjusted based on changes to travel conditions and current air traffic.
- How much does it cost to take the test at the airport?
The price charged by GHC Genetics for the standard RT-PCR COVID-19 test (STANDARD PCR TEST) is EUR60 (CZK1,550). In addition, TRAVEL PCR TESTs are available at EUR80 (CZK2,000), the price of which includes an international test-taking certificate required for travelling abroad according to the rules and regulations of individual countries. The price for express performance of the test (EXPRESS PCR TEST) with delivery of results within two hours is EUR280 (CZK7,500). The surcharge for confirmation of the test results by a doctor, including an international certificate if requested by the passenger, is EUR20 (CZK550). The price of Antigen TRAVEL TEST is EUR32 (CZK800).
- Can I pay by card at the airport testing point?
All testing points accept both payment cards and cash. The price can be paid in CZK or euros.
- What is the difference between an express test and the Fast Track test offered by GHC Genetics?
Clients can also request an express test using a special technology; RT-PCR test results are known within two hours. This is an alternative to a standard text that is available when a passenger needs to know their result as soon as possible.
Fast Track (priority pass) – this enables you to receive priority service if there is a line at the testing point; the result will be provided within a standard time limit of 24 hours.
- Do I have to report my RT-PCR test result to the relevant Public Health Office?
No, the result of your COVID-19 RT-PCR test does not have to be reported to a public health office. Your COVID-19 test result will be provided to a public health office directly by GHC Genetics. In case of a positive test result, the test subject must follow the currently applicable regulations available at the website of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.
- Is it possible to book the time of the test in advance?
The taking of swab samples at testing points is performed on a queue basis. Due to high demand, it is not possible to book the test time in advance. Prior taking the test, it is necessary to complete an online request form. We recommend passengers who decide to undergo the test at the airport to fill in the form available on the provider’s website www.covid-ghc.com in advance to help facilitate the on-site testing process. The form, also available using a mobile telephone, is best completed online even on the spot using a QR code. Instructions for download here
- I have a request form for a COVID-19 test that I received from my GP. Can I go to the airport for the test?
No, testing at the airport is intended primarily for passengers with valid air ticket, boarding pass or reservation. The service may also be used by private payers from the general public if testing capacity allows. The service is not intended for indicated patients who were referred to be tested by their GP.
- How is the sampling performed?
The sample collection is performed using a disposable swab which is inserted through one nostril deep into the back of the nose. The virus multiplies in the mucous membrane cells of the upper respiratory tract. Therefore, it is necessary to collect some mucosal cells to ensure the examination in the laboratory is as accurate as possible. It is now possible to perform an RT-PCR test by taking a saliva sample; the tested person places their saliva sample in a collection tube. The test is as reliable as the test using a nasopharyngeal swab. When filling in the online application form at www.covid-ghc.com, passengers are offered to tick their preferred sampling method for the RT-PCR test option. All instructions are also provided at the check point. Prices of saliva based RT-PCR COVID-19 tests are the same as prices of nasopharyngeal swabs.
- Do I need an international confirmation for my return to the Czech Republic or is the test result sufficient?
The test result is sufficient.
- When and how will I receive an international confirmation of a COVID-19 RT-PCR test? Do I have to pay extra for this confirmation?
International certificates of test taking are subject to a surcharge of CZK 250 / EUR 10 and are forwarded to clients via e-mail sent to the address provided prior to sampling.
- In what language will the confirmation of the COVID-19 RT-PCR test be issued?
The international test confirmation is issued in three languages: Czech, English and Russian.
- Which documents do I have to submit before the test?
You only need an ID (identity card, passport).
- Which contact details will you need from me?
Basic identification details such as name, address, nationality, telephone number, etc. are required.
Do small children have to be tested, too?
Conditions for testing children may vary based on the destination of travel or the air carrier used. We therefore recommend checking the exact conditions for testing children before departure with the airline, on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic or on websites of respective authorities of individual countries.
Source: GHC Genetics
This sampling point is only open operatively. If it is closed at the time of your visit, please use the central sampling point in the public part of the airport between Terminals 1 and 2.
Testing at Václav Havel Airport Prague is primarily designated for passengers who have a valid air ticket or are planning a trip abroad. Other private payers will be tested subject to available capacity at the testing point. The testing point is not intended for indicated patients who were referred to the test by their GP. We would like to ask all people who have been directed or recommended to take the test by their GP to refrain from travelling to the airport and use other testing points, primarily those in health care facilities.
You will learn your PCR test result within a standard time limit of 24 hours via a text message sent to a telephone number with a country code or by e-mail. Test result processing is provided by GHC Genetics.
For the purpose of testing, Prague Airport has set up commercial testing points directly at the airport where passengers can be tested for COVID-19 and obtain the required certificate upon their return to the Czech Republic or before their departure. Testing at the airport is provided by the medical staff of GHC Genetics, which uses an accredited laboratory for performing sample analysis. One testing point is located in the public area of the airport, namely in the connecting corridor between Terminals 1 and 2, and is primarily designated for passengers who are departing for a destination where a negative test is required and for arriving passengers. If case of high demand, another testing point may be opened based on the current air traffic; it is located in the non-public area before passport control in Terminal 1. It is primarily meant for arriving passengers who are required to submit a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test to the relevant public health office because of their place of departure or for those who wish to be tested voluntarily and be sure of their health condition. The goal of the new service at the airport is to reduce the spread of infection and facilitate safe travels.
Testing at Václav Havel Airport Prague is available to passengers and the general public daily from 6 AM to 10 PM at the testing point located in the connecting corridor between the terminals in the public area. Collected samples are analysed in a specialised laboratory located outside the airport and you will learn your PCR test result within a standard time limit of 24 hours via a text message sent to a telephone number with a country code or by e-mail. Test result processing is provided by GHC Genetics.
Passengers who are required to prove a negative COVID-19 test result before their departure or upon their arrival at their destination and want to be tested directly at the airport are generally recommended to allow sufficient time for the test and the result delivery with respect to their departure from Prague.
The actual samples at the testing points are taken on the first come, first served basis; reservations are not possible due to high demand.
In case of high demand for COVID-19 testing by passengers, GHC Genetics will expeditiously increase the capacity of the testing point by adding one counter. It will be located at the same place as the existing testing point in the connecting corridor between the terminals.
The service is provided by GHC Genetics.
Current Test Prices:
You can also use antigen and PCR tests covered by Czech health insurance.
- BASIC PCR TEST (CZK810 / EUR32): The client receives the test result within the statutory period of 48 hours in the form of an SMS, which contains all the data stipulated by legislation. With this type of test, it is not possible to purchase an international test-taking certificate. In the case of tests performed at Václav Havel Airport Prague, the laboratory is also able to deliver the results within 24 hours, thus meeting the specific needs of airport clients. The laboratory takes into an account the limited time flexibility of passengers who have the results of their tests linked to a fixed departure time.
- STANDARD PCR TEST (CZK1,750 / EUR70): The client receives the test result in the form of an SMS within 24 hours alongside a secured laboratory report sent via an email.
- TRAVEL PCR TEST (CZK2,000 / EUR80): The client receives the test result in the form of an SMS within 24 hours alongside a secured laboratory report sent via an email. The price of this type of test includes an international test-taking certificate required for travelling abroad according to the rules and regulations of individual countries.
- EXPRESS PCR TEST (CZK7,500 / EUR280): An expedite service under which the client receives the test result within 2 hours. The test is performed directly on site at testing points. Clients receive the test result in the form of an SMS alongside a secured laboratory report sent via an email. The price of this type of test includes an international test-taking certificate required for travelling abroad according to the rules and regulations of individual countries.
There are no changes for people who undergo a PCR test based on an electronic request issued by a doctor or a health station. For CZK250 / EUR10, they can purchase an international test-taking certificate required for travelling abroad according to the rules and regulations of individual countries.
- Antigen TRAVEL TEST (CZK800 / EUR32): the client receives the test result directly on site at testing points within about 15 minutes alongside a secured laboratory report sent via an email. The price of this type of test includes an international test-taking certificate required for travelling abroad according to the rules and regulations of individual countries. However, always check the current information before your trip.
The current price list of GHC Genetics tests can be downloaded HERE
Payments are accepted at testing points, via debit cards and cash, using Czech crowns or Euros.